Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Welcome to the Wedding Wire Scam Blog


Welcome to the Wedding Wire Scam blog. This blog is intended for all the small businesses that have been wronged by the Wedding Wire's review practices. I invite all bridal vendors to post their issues with the Wedding Wire or any of its affiliates, ie. Brides Magazine, Conde Nast, Martha Stewart Weddings, Best City Weddings, BridalBuds, BridalAces, Wedding Registry, Project Wedding, or any of the others not mentioned here.
On http://www.crunchbase.com/company/wedding-wire a review of the Wedding Wire company is below:

  • Based on our personal experience and the consistent complaints from other engaged couples and vendors alike, the WeddingWire team became aware of a remarkable inefficiency in today’s wedding market. With engaged couples continually struggling to find the vendor that best suits their needs and vendors constantly searching for new ways to expand their businesses, WeddingWire set out to solve this persistent disconnect and provide both parties with simple, yet productive, channels to interact.
  • For engaged couples, WeddingWire’s unrivaled planning efficiencies are a tremendous value, saving time and money, and online social networking satisfies an emotional need to connect with other couples also planning their big days. WeddingWire offers best-in-breed, online search, project planning, and community tools for assisting with the wedding planning process.
  • For wedding vendors, WeddingWire enables business owners to market themselves over the Internet for no cost and guaranteed ROI, and creates the only market opportunity that gives vendors control over their budget, service reviews, lead generation and performance.
Wedding Wire fails the small bridal business owner on many issues. Wedding Wire allows for unverified reviews on vendors without a check or balance to the validity. There is no "opt out" for any bridal vendor to be excluded from the effects of Wedding Wire. An account can be closed with the Wedding Wire, but the reviews will stay up on their site. A basic Google search on a vendor will show the results. Paid for advertisers on the Wedding Wire get "preferred treatment". Finally, there is no way to review the Wedding Wire, except going through the Better Business Bureau or here.
I invite any bridal or wedding vendors to post any negative issues you may have had with the Wedding Wire company and how it affected your business. I know first hand a few small businesses that have been put out of business due to a direct relation of Wedding Wire's poor review process. You are free to post anonymous reviews as I do not want to see a direct action taken by Wedding Wire against another small business. As a small business owner, I as you do your best to delivery the best service possible to your customers and there is nothing more hateful than an upset bride. As we have seen, a happy bride tells a few select friend about her experience, but an angry bride will blast the entire Internet. This is typically an unjust response to an issue typical of bride not getting her way or something she wanted for free. Big companies can take hateful reviews on the chin, but as a small business you really can. The Wedding Wire needs to be shut down as with all review sites on the web. It is one thing to review a product, but something is just evil about ripping into a service company.

Finally, I ask, PLEASE DO NOT PAY FOR ADVERTISING TO THE WEDDING WIRE. Giving them your hard earned money is just feeding the machine. I also feel this way about other review sites and especially the Better Business Bureau, aka the BBB.
Thank you for your time and your reviews are appreciated.

15 comments:

  1. I agree! Wedding Wire has ruined my business by allowing a bogus review to stay on their site! I contacted them explaining my side of the situation, and they still refused to remove it. Then when I posted a response, they removed MY response!!! They told me that if I wanted it removed, I should pay for advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wedding Wire is terrible. Anyone can post a negative review, even if the reviewer is just a fellow competitor who wants to ruin another competitors business! This happened to me when someone left a false review...it was obviously fake since I didn't even have a wedding that day! What did Wedding Wire do to verify the review...absolutely nothing! Wedding Wire is a very UNreliable source in the wedding industry. They won't last very long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would you do if you found out that a client forged a vendors contract in order to lie about doing their wedding? This happened to me and WeddingWire Alison did nothing about it. She told me that they have to protect their 3rd party clients, but if your clients are breaking the law by forging contracts why are you protecting them?

    I have been fighting with Wedding Wire for the past year trying to get a solution because a law has been broken, a signature has been forged, and so has a contract. I showed Alison our copy of the contract and she said that the client showed her one that was different. I asked to see this "other contract," but Alison never showed it to me, she just said that they have it. She also told me that the "review board" also looked at my case and said nothing could be done.

    I also wrote a response on my Wedding Wire page to respond to the negative comment and 0 out of 5 that client gave me. All of a sudden my comment has been taken down so people can't see how a contract has been forged, and how a law has been broken. My question is why is Wedding Wire protecting a criminal by not releasing information. The answer must be that they caught their mistake and won't admit it because there are legal ramifications for protecting falsified documents, forged signatures, and illegal practices of covering things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WeddingWire is a SCAM for brides AND VENDORS!

      Delete
  4. I have decided to cancel my account with weddingwire. You would think as a paid advertiser you would receive some assistance when a client decides to post statements that are untrue. The only thing they are interested in is your money. Do not waste your money on weddingwire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WEDDING WIRE ANONYMOUS REVIEWS IS A SCAM! MIGHT AS WELL BE YELP. VENDORS GET SCREWED. BRIDES ARE LIED TO. AVOID WEDDING WIRE!

      Delete
  5. I just spent a couple of hours setting up 2 free WeddingWire.com vendor accounts only to find out that my storefront in the search results was just black text and not a link to my actual storefront. What? Why am I even able to fill out the storefront info, if the storefront link won't be viewable in search engines?

    WeddingWire should give free account owners a prompt above or around the dashboard that says "Feel free to play around in our dashboard, but free accounts storefronts will not be visible in search results. Please purchase one of our packages if you want your business information to be visible"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going around and around dealing with the WW staff and "help" regarding their ANONYMOUS REVIEW policies. They are completely out of control IMHO. This is the worst review site (most are horrible) for any business. DO NOT PAY THEM. THEY ALLOW ANONYMOUS BOGUS REVIEWS on their site. You have NO IDEA who the anonymous reviewer is, or even if you worked with them. AVOID WEDDING WIRE!!! BRIDES AND VENDORS ARE LIED TO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have as least 3 bad reviews of people who I never work with or from event days that I didn't worked. They told me the same, they NEVER erase these bad reviews, they only hold'em until they ask to the "bride" if was true but if no one answer the review still. I NEVER had a wedding from this list, NEVER!!! But I almost lost my bussines for this.
    We should do a class sue against WW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this is true, then you can file an official claim and the bride would be forced to show proof (contract) of doing business with you. If she cannot produce this, the review will be removed.

      Delete
  8. I'm just getting out of the wedding photo biz and they won't even delete my account. I contacted them several times and my info is still up. AAHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have been on WeddingWire for quite a while, and it has been nothing but a phenomenal experience for us and for our clients. Yes, if there is a negative review among your good reviews it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get them to remove it. But overall, we have really found it to be beneficial to us. The premium paid spot is great as well. For the smaller businesses out there it is a bit expensive, but in the grand scheme of ad pricing it's not too bad. I get the impression that people who don't like WW either can't afford it or they have received bad reviews because they deserve them Let's be real here, folks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got a scam review today. How do I know it's a scam? Because I've only delivered 3 weddings this year and all of them were happy with their weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I signed up for Wedding Wire with the intention of using their free services. After so, I got bombarded with calls at work and emails asking to schedule a "Welcome Call" so they can "Verify" my account. I had no intention of buying a paid membership when I scheduled the call, but the lady sold it very well - seemingly with interest in helping my small start-up business - with her terms on leads, page traffic, and revenue. I agreed to the lowest available package and she pushed me to pay for it through the phone by informing me that the "15% Off Discount" she got from "her boss" who apparently was close enough to hear the whole conversation was only available at that time. That was my first mistake.

    Second mistake was not looking into their services deeper prior to the call and being sucked into their sales pitch. If you look pass all the paid Ads that they have of themselves and several other pages from their own website, you'll see the reality of it all - all the people who they have wronged through their services, all those who have lost their money to empty promises.

    Third mistake, After the call and payment of the initial first month due, I was surprise to receive an email that indicates "fixed initial term of 1 year" which I did not remember her mentioning. She repeated the 12 month payments but I did not remember agreeing to paying for a closed 12 months. But she insist that we discussed it. I agreed to paying month to month and maybe canceling if I don't like it, that's what I understood.

    Fourth mistake, after searching everywhere for a way out I realized that I have been victimized by them as others have been. Countless complaints from people who have more expensive membership packages than I do complaining about their empty promises, lack of follow through, and zero customer results. Wedding Wire is fake reviews, fake leads, no assurance, 1 year contract trap - not at all small business friendly. After so, 2-3 Hours after talking to my "representative", I sent her an emailing with the intention to cancel my membership. Not a days, a week, a month, or months after... only 2-3 hours after I paid.

    Ok, maybe if you are a big business, with money to spend to be on the first two pages, heck maybe even the first 3 options - then ok maybe this website is for you. But for a small business trying to build a potfolio, you are wasting your money on them.

    After endless emails, between the representative and her supposed manager - them just repeatedly telling me that there was no way out of the contract despite the fact the I asked to get canceled only 2-3 hours after I paid for it. Still trying to sell the service and acting as if they care about the state of your business and have only the best intentions for the terms that they go buy. I gave up on them, they are just leeches trying their best to sell their services.

    I am hoping to find a way out of this mess without ruining my credit, losing all the money, or possibly getting sued. I don't want anymore sales tactic or automated response from Wedding Wire. Just refund me and cancel my membership.

    Please Help

    ReplyDelete
  12. Personally I believe we should find a way to do a class action lawsuit. During coronavirus they would do nothing to assist in monthly payments and the only leads I've recieved are scammers. Not one legit lead... not even one conversation. Seems fishy to me.

    ReplyDelete