Friday, October 14, 2011

BEWARE of WEDDINGWIRE (class action lawsuit)


BEWARE of WEDDINGWIRE (class action lawsuit) Weddingwire Complaint

Weddingwire lies to brides and defames several hundred very reputable businesses. Wedding wire uses blackmail to get vendors to pay them. If you do not pay them to be on their site they break all of the laws and try to force you to advertise with them and they do everything they can to hurt your business. Weddingwire has a less than desirable rating with the BBB Better business bureau. 10 complaints and 7 filed in the last 12 months alone. http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/business-reviews/wedding-consultants/weddingwire-inc-in-bethesda-md-235980765/

Beware of Weddingwire! It is not a site to believe when all of the reviews are either fake or competitive business owners posing as a bride to knock out the competition. f44a74
 
1. Written by WEDDINGWIRE BOGUS REVIEWS on September 12, 2011

Weddingwire.com definitely not honest about their reviews. my clients wrote 2x of good reviews, I've got an email said I've got the reviews, It was there.

the next day, the reviews is gone.



sucks
 
2. Written by BRIDES/VENDORS BEWARE of WEDD on August 13, 2011

I too have had a very bad experience with weddingwire.com It seems that they are having their very own negative reviews removed. Hmmm what is weddingwire hiding?? The BEST advice that I could give any bride/vendor to be would be to STAY AWAY from ALL review boards! They are time wasters and places for bullies! The best wedding planning comes from your local bridal shows! You can see vendors face to face and you don't have to have with all of the drama. Who needs drama when planning your wedding!!!
 
5. Written by BRIDES DO NOT USE WEDDINGWIRE on July 27, 2011

BRIDES DO NOT USE OR TRUST WEDDINGWIRE TO CHOOSE YOUR VENDORS.
 
7. Written by BRIDES BEWARE of WEDDINGWIRE.C on July 17, 2011

From my personal experience Weddingwire.com definitely bullies small business owners into trying to get them to advertise. Weddingwire.com is notorious for this practice. They have tried it with me on several occasions and several of my colleagues. Weddingwire is always putting wrong reviews on their review site and even several libelous ones. It is a Weddingwire.com practice that needs to be put to sleep!!

5 comments:

  1. Beware of weddingwire.com,they created a profile for me, without my permission. They don't care about helping you, unless your a bride. I stupidly wrote a review through them, and tried to ask them to remove it. Because they don't allow you to do it yourself. Their customer service, kept ignoring my request. And I finally was able to speak, to them, and the woman, put me on "hold". At least she thought I was on hold. She didn't know she put me on a call with the other woman, who was supposed to help me. And basically they were trying to figure out, how to make me go away, and were talking about, why should they assist me, when I wasn't a bride? It was VERY unprofessional. I don't know how they stay in business. They also were upset, that i kept emailing them, to remove my review for a venue through them. Maybe if they responded right away, like they were supposed to. People would not keep bugging them. They also provide no contact info on their website, except for bogus, "support" links. And when they get your email, they ignore you, and laugh, and think it is funny, that people are getting upset with them. They are too childish, to run a website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it’s us brides who can create vendors on WeddingWire if the person we used wasn’t listed. WeddingWire didn’t do it, a bride did. I just added some vendors myself.

      Delete
  2. Attention anyone who has a contract with Wedding Wire

    If you’re looking to cancel your contract early with Wedding Wire, you will not be able to do so. But in speaking with customer service, I learned that if you dispute the monthly charge with your credit card company, Wedding Wire will cancel your contract. You will not be charged for the remaining months in your contract. This is NOT something they tell you upfront. I found this out when they renewed my contract for another year.....automatically!Save yourself some money, and dispute the charge with your credit card company now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I’d love to join in on the class action lawsuit.

    I signed a 12 month agreement with Dawn Truxillo around April 5, 2023, and I was enticed by a lie!


    I own a yacht in the Virgin Islands. I was told that I would receive a 360° professional photographic shoot plus during the call I believe that Dawn made sure that that was approved.

    She was very helpful but unfortunately when I went to sign up for the 360° photographic tour, I was told it was not available in the USVI.

    I signed a contract, based solely upon receiving that tour and immediately wanted to cancel. However, they will not let me out of the contract.

    Their business model is very bad. They are scammers.

    ReplyDelete